Apply has signed a frame agreement with Vår Energi (Point Resources) for EPCI services to perform necessary upgrades to the drilling support equipment and systems for mud and bulk treatment on Ringhorne platfrom. Apply will be responsible for the design of new equipment packages design and assembly and for the complete integration of new equipment.
The main goals of this project are:
- To improve drilling efficiency
- To improve the work environment and reduce the downtime
- To improve the cuttings processing rate and avoid downtime
- To reduce downtime and improve efficiency in the mud mixing area,
- To improve bulk transfer quality and avoid downtime
- To reduce rigging time during future milling operations
APPLY Poland provides multi discipline services to the EPCI modification projects on this platform.
The Ringhorne field info:
Ringhorne is located about 9 km north of the Balder ship, consists of a platform with water injection and processing facilities. The production is sent to the Balder and Jotun installations for finished processing, storage and unloading. Production at the field started in February 2003, with subsequent production from discoveries on the west and east sides. The latter was put into production in 2006. In 2015, average production of Ringhorne was 22,000 barrels of oil per day. Ringhorne is equipped with high-tech, automated drilling equipment. The Ringhorne platform has virtually zero emissions of environmentally harmful products.